The Hotfoil Type GA Heating Blanket are flexible, fiberglass cloth insulated, aluminized cloth covered heating blankets - and are the ideal heater for non-flat surfaces.
The rugged construction of the Hotfoil GA Blanket Heater makes them suitable for all types of applications. Using the flat foil based heating elements, an even distribution of heat is assured with no hot spots.
Fiberglass insulated blankets have been a basic product with Hotfoil since the company's inception. The blankets can be made to virtually any shape – square, circular, rectangular, trapezoidal, etc. to suit the application.
- Heating Elements: Nichrome
- Electrical Insulation: Fiberglass Cloth
- Butt Splices: Pure Nickel
- Conductor Leads: Nickel Plated Copper
- Insulation: Double Fiberglass, Braided & Varnished
- Lead Sheath (GA): Silicone Rubber
- Watt Density: Up to 500w/sq.ft.
- Voltage: Up to 600 Volts
- Maximum Withstand : 850 F
- Outer Covering (Type G): Fiberglass Cloth
- Outer Covering (Type GA): Aluminized Glass Cloth
The Hotfoil type G & GA Heating Blankets are suitable for use in many varied applications and locations including (but not limited to):
- Pre-heating of pipes and vessels
- Temperature maintenance
- Heating of vacuum components in high energy physics experiments
- Low melting point metals
- Chemical vessels
- Asphalt plants
- Bitumen pots
- Electrostatic precipitators
Data Sheet GA FM Literature GA Ordering Sheet